Skip to content Access Site map

Turn back the tide.

Climate change is happening but solutions exist. Together, we can make a difference.

Scroll to next panel

Taking action on climate change

Find out about things you can do at home, work, school, and in your community.

home
Households
6 storey building
Businesses
school house
Schools
government building
Municipalities

What's New?

Government of Canada Announces Winning Bid to Create New Independent Climate Institute

On April 9, 2019 Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, announced the winning bid by the Pan-Canadian Expert Collaboration to create the new and independent Climate Institute. The Collaboration is a new group that represents more than 15 diverse and reputable organizations across Canada, which has expertise in clean growth and climate change.

Read More

Canada’s Changing Climate Report

On April 1, 2019, Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) released a scientific report about how and why Canada’s climate has changed and what changes are projected for the future. It is the first report to be released as part of a current federal initiative entitled Canada in a Changing Climate: Advancing our Knowledge for Action. The report was a collaborative effort with contributions from scientists with ECCC, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, and Natural Resources Canada, as well as university experts.

Read More

Provincial Government Seeks Expressions of Interest for Renewable Energy Solutions in Isolated Diesel Communities

Currently, electricity generation represents 14 per cent of Newfoundland and Labrador’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. However, once the Muskrat Falls hydroelectric project fully comes into service, 98 per cent of the electricity consumed in the province will be from renewable sources. The remaining 2 per cent of electricity consumed in the province will be generated from fossil fuels in isolated diesel communities.

Read More

What is climate change?

Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our time. Follow the link below to find out more about what it is and what's causing it.

About climate change

Impacts of climate change

Climate change is affecting Newfoundland and Labrador. Follow the links below to learn more about how it's affecting us and our province.

Learn more Interactive tool